The Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation (Intact Centre) is an applied research centre with a national focus within the Faculty of Environment at the University of Waterloo. The Intact Centre works with homeowners, communities, governments and businesses to identify, and reduce, the impacts of extreme weather and climate change.
Smoke alarms save lives. That’s why smoke detector checks are a necessary and effective way to protect your building and the people in it from smoke and fire emergencies. And it doesn’t take a lot of effort to keep yours working properly. Use the tips below to ensure your smoke detectors are up to snuff. In a true fire emergency, working smoke detectors could mean the difference between life and death. Check your smoke detectors today to keep your home or business as safe as possible.
According to a report from the Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), insured damage for floods, windstorms, ice storms and tornadoes reached $1.9 billion in 2018.
Every commercial building is different, but each one is at risk for water damage. Although there may be safety measures in place to keep your commercial property protected, problems like burst pipes, frozen plumbing lines or backed up drains can’t always be prevented.
The experts at ServiceMaster Restore want to ensure you have the facts when it comes to commercial property water damage.
Alert Ready is a national service designed to deliver critical and potentially life-saving emergency alert messages to Canadians. Emergency alerts are distributed on radio, TV and now, most recently ,on compatible wireless devices to help ensure the public has the critical information they need in emergencies to take necessary precautions to protect themselves and their families.
More from our blog
- BBQ SAFETY TIPS
- WATER-RELATED DAMAGE IS ON THE RISE
- Flood Preparedness Tips for Your Home and Business
- Winter Fire Safety Tips
- ServiceMaster Restore Sponsors the Scotties Tournament of Hearts for Fourth Year
- Celebrating 65 Years
- PREVENTING WATER DAMAGE IN YOUR HOME
- Common Causes of Basement Flooding
- Flood Preparedness. Are you ready?
- Home Fire Safety and Prevention
- ServiceMaster Restore Continues Diamond Sponsorship of Scotties Tournament of Hearts
- What To Do When Your Basement Floods
- Mold Prevention after Water Damage
- Is There a Difference Between Mold and Mildew?
- Proud Sponsor of the 2016 Scotties Tournament of Hearts
- Reduce the Risk of Basement Flooding
- Protecting Your Home From The Perils Of Water: Gutters, Eaves & Downspouts